The Frequent Traveler Awards
The Frequent Traveler (FT) Awards was established in 2010 to fill the gap created by a two-year pause in the Freddie Awards, which resumed in 2012.
However, the Frequent Traveler Awards returned in 2018 and was an instant success. The FT Awards will celebrate its 7th anniversary in 2023 as the only major, global loyalty award program remaining, recognizing:
- The teams that create, design, and manage these inspiring loyalty programs.
- The companies that provide innovation, drive, and promotion behind the scenes.
- The travelers who use the programs and whose voice the Frequent Traveler Awards represent.
The Frequent Traveler Awards is the only travel loyalty focused recognition event that:
- Provides global and regional recognition (Americas; Europe, Middle East, and Africa; and Asia Pacific).
- Recognizes programs from 4 core travel divisions: airlines, hotels, rental cars, and cruise lines.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Titan Awards, a recognition of innovation in the loyalty industry voted for by the Loyalty Titan panel.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Media Awards, granted by a group of notable journalists.
- Recognizes the leading programs as voted for by journalists, travel bloggers, and influencers in the community.
- Is always placed in conjunction with industry events to deliver education with recognition to participants.
- Provides consistency in collateral, communication, and events throughout the year.
Frequent Traveler Awards is an event hosted by Frequent Traveler Events, LLC. Our other events include Frequent Traveler University (FTU), FTU @ Travel & Adventure Show, Loyalty Summit, Loyalty Summit CXM, and MegaDo.
Frequent Traveler Events provides knowledge, recognition, and inspiring events to the loyalty industry. We create hubs of knowledge through our pools of frequent travelers, program connections, supplier relationships, and our own consultative approach to better connect our industry.
Frequent Traveler University
A former international telecommunications executive who used to live on the road, Tommy Danielsen turned into a serial entrepreneur in 2009 when he founded MegaDo and then a year later Frequent Traveler University.
After the Freddie Awards were discontinued, Tommy founded the Frequent Traveler Awards, eventually becoming President of the Freddies when the two companies merged. He is also the InsideFlyer co-founder and partner.
Tommy is originally from Norway and lives in California.
Chair, Titan & Media Awards
David is a publisher and global speaker on airline & hotel loyalty programs, and an expert on loyalty program design, finances, and economics.
As a consultant with New World Loyalty, David works closely with airline & hotel programs to develop strategic solutions to loyalty challenges, and is a leading industry expert on loyalty psychology and behavioral motivation.
VP of Business Development
For the past 20+ years Mark has been in various sales, marketing and consulting roles in and around the travel space and is regarded as an industry SME and advisor. His extensive business development background includes driving sales and business development efforts for two world-class loyalty firms and a loyalty startup focused on charitable giving…and one spectacular Frequent Traveler Awards event. Mark resides in Denver, Colorado with his wife of 19 years and their two children.