The Frequent Traveler Awards
The Frequent Traveler (FT) Awards was established in 2010 to support a two-year pause in service from the Freddie Awards.
In 2018, the Frequent Traveler Awards returned and was an instant success.
In 2021, the FT Awards is celebrating its 5th year anniversary and is the only major, global loyalty award program remaining. Again, the Awards will be recognizing:
- The teams that create, design, and manage these inspiring loyalty programs.
- The companies that provide innovation, drive, and promotion behind the scenes.
- The travelers who use the programs and whose voice the Frequent Traveler Awards represent.
The Frequent Traveler Awards is the only travel loyalty focused recognition event that:
- Provides regional recognition (Europe and Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific, and Americas). The 2021 Global Awards ceremony will be hosted in Washington, DC.
- Recognizes programs from 4 core travel divisions: (airline, hotel, rental car, and credit cards).
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Titan Awards, a recognition of innovation in the loyalty industry voted for by the Loyalty Titan panel.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Media Awards, granted by a group of notable journalists.
- Recognizes the leading programs as voted for by journalists, travel bloggers, and influencers in the community.
- Is always placed in conjunction with industry events to deliver education with recognition to participants.
- Provides consistency in collateral, communication, and events throughout the year.
Frequent Traveler Events provides knowledge, recognition, and inspiring events to the loyalty industry. We create hubs of knowledge through our pools of frequent travelers, program connections, supplier relationships, and our own consultative approach to better connect our industry.
Frequent Traveler University
John is the former President, of Travel Media Group, USA TODAY. He catapulted USATODAY.com/travel to the 4th most popular travel website in the world. He also launched “Experience Travel” (leisure) and Road Warrior Voices (business) product portfolios.
John was also the former VP of Business Development, RCI/Wyndham Worldwide and he has also built and sold multiple start-ups.
Founder & Head of Business Development
A former international telecommunications executive who used to live on the road, Tommy Danielsen turned into a serial entrepreneur in 2009 when he founded MegaDo and then a year later Frequent Traveler University.
After the Freddie Awards were discontinued, Tommy founded the Frequent Traveler Awards, eventually becoming President of the Freddies when the two companies merged. He is also the InsideFlyer co-founder and partner.
Tommy is originally from Norway and lives in California.
Jamie is a travel industry analyst, working with a number of media outlets and organizations reporting on airline and hotel operations, loyalty programs and personal finance. He’s been featured in television and print news worldwide.
Jamie has previously worked as a business development manager for a premium travel membership, launched several reward booking services helping consumers utilize frequent flyer points, and has provided guidance and consulting support to a number of travel startups and major corporations.
Chair, Titan & Media Awards
David is a publisher and global speaker on airline & hotel loyalty programs, and an expert on loyalty program design, finances, and economics.
As a consultant with New World Loyalty, David works closely with airline & hotel programs to develop strategic solutions to loyalty challenges, and is a leading industry expert on loyalty psychology and behavioral motivation.