The Frequent Traveler Awards
The Frequent Traveler Awards were established in 2010 to support a two-year pause in service from the Freddie Awards.
The Frequent Traveler Awards returned in 2018 as the culmination of the travel loyalty calendar, recognizing:
- The teams that create, design, and manage these inspiring loyalty programs.
- The companies that provide innovation, drive, and promotion behind the scenes.
- The travelers who use the programs and whose voice the Frequent Traveler Awards represent.
The Frequent Traveler Awards is the only travel loyalty focused recognition event that:
- Provides regional recognition and ceremonies: Europe/Africa/Middle East/Asia/Oceania and Americas.
- Recognizes programs from 3 core travel divisions: airlines, hotels, and rental cars.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Titan Awards, a recognition of innovation in the loyalty industry voted for by the Loyalty Titan panel.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Media Awards, granted by a group of notable journalists.
- Recognizes the leading programs as voted for by journalists, travel bloggers, and influencers in the community.
- Is always placed in conjunction with industry events to deliver education with recognition to participants.
- Provides consistency in collateral, communication, and events throughout the year.
Frequent Traveler Events provides knowledge, recognition, and inspiring events to the loyalty industry. We create hubs of knowledge through our pools of frequent travelers, program connections, supplier relationships, and our own consultative approach to better connect our industry.
Frequent Traveler Awards
Frequent Traveler University
Founder & CEO
A former international telecommunications executive who used to live on the road, Tommy Danielsen turned into a serial entrepreneur in 2009 when he founded MegaDo and then a year later Frequent Traveler University.
After the Freddie Awards were discontinued, Tommy founded the Frequent Traveler Awards, eventually becoming President of the Freddies when the two companies merged. He is also the InsideFlyer co-founder and partner.
Tommy is originally from Norway and lives in California.
Patrick Le Quere
President & CIO
Patrick brings over 15 years of industry experience as a software engineering manager at Microsoft.
A dual French and US citizen and an avid traveler, Patrick has studied and lived both in Europe and in the US, and has explored all seven continents with a focus on the road less traveled. He is passionate about the airline industry and involved in several ventures including MegaDo — an annual field trip for road warriors and aviation enthusiasts — and is the founder of loungereview.com, a worldwide airport lounge guide.
Patrick lives in Seattle; his other interests include urban planning, public transit, classical music, modern history, and skiing.
Chair, Titan & Media Awards
David is a publisher and global speaker on airline & hotel loyalty programs, and an expert on loyalty program design, finances, and economics.
As a consultant with New World Loyalty, David works closely with airline & hotel programs to develop strategic solutions to loyalty challenges, and is a leading industry expert on loyalty psychology and behavioral motivation.