The Frequent Traveler Awards
The Frequent Traveler (FT) Awards was established in 2010 to support a two-year pause in service from the Freddie Awards.
In 2018, the Frequent Traveler Awards returned and was an instant success.
In 2022, the FT Awards will celebrate its 6th year anniversary as the only major, global loyalty award program remaining. Again, the Awards will be recognizing:
- The teams that create, design, and manage these inspiring loyalty programs.
- The companies that provide innovation, drive, and promotion behind the scenes.
- The travelers who use the programs and whose voice the Frequent Traveler Awards represent.
The Frequent Traveler Awards is the only travel loyalty focused recognition event that:
- Provides global and regional recognition (Americas; Europe, Middle East, and Africa; and Asia Pacific).
- Recognizes programs from 4 core travel divisions: airlines, hotels, rental cars, and cruise lines.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Titan Awards, a recognition of innovation in the loyalty industry voted for by the Loyalty Titan panel.
- Includes the Frequent Traveler Media Awards, granted by a group of notable journalists.
- Recognizes the leading programs as voted for by journalists, travel bloggers, and influencers in the community.
- Is always placed in conjunction with industry events to deliver education with recognition to participants.
- Provides consistency in collateral, communication, and events throughout the year.
Frequent Traveler Awards is a primary event of Frequent Traveler Events, LLC, the company that offers Frequent Traveler University (FTU), FTU @ Travel & Adventure Show, Loyalty Summit and MegaDo.
Frequent Traveler Events provides knowledge, recognition, and inspiring events to the loyalty industry. We create hubs of knowledge through our pools of frequent travelers, program connections, supplier relationships, and our own consultative approach to better connect our industry.
Frequent Traveler University
Hailing from Europe, Asia, and North America, the Frequent Traveler Awards team is comprised of airline and hospitality industry experts, serial entrepreneurs, and passionate travelers, all with a mission to bring the first global loyalty awards representing the voice of the frequent traveler.
Managing Director, FT Awards Non-Commercial
Alex travels the world with his wife (often) and his kids (sometimes) but is always on the lookout for the best loyalty programs, promotions, and benefits to add value to his trips. By day he is in Supply Chain Management based in Asia where he is often found on the road inspecting factories and sourcing new products.
Chair, Titan & Media Awards
David is a publisher and global speaker on airline & hotel loyalty programs, and an expert on loyalty program design, finances, and economics.
As a consultant with New World Loyalty, David works closely with airline & hotel programs to develop strategic solutions to loyalty challenges, and is a leading industry expert on loyalty psychology and behavioral motivation.
VP of Business Development
For the past 20+ years Mark has been in various sales, marketing and consulting roles in and around the travel space and is regarded as an industry SME and advisor. His extensive business development background includes driving sales and business development efforts for two world-class loyalty firms and a loyalty startup focused on charitable giving…and one spectacular Frequent Traveler Awards event. Mark resides in Denver, Colorado with his wife of 19 years and their two children.
Operations and Customer Support
Melinda is an ardent world explorer, logging more than 150,000 miles and 100 hotel nights a year. She has graced the pages of Conde Nast Traveler, is an author of the Magic of Miles blog, and is an organizer for MegaDo and FTU events.
A former international telecommunications executive who used to live on the road, Tommy Danielsen turned into a serial entrepreneur in 2009 when he founded MegaDo and then a year later Frequent Traveler University.
After the Freddie Awards were discontinued, Tommy founded the Frequent Traveler Awards, eventually becoming President of the Freddies when the two companies merged. He is also the InsideFlyer co-founder and partner.
Tommy is originally from Norway and lives in California.